John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Replaced gear box made one cone then pulley locked up

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! We keep going until you have all of the information you need.[b/]. Extensive training & coaching also available.
The mix probably got too stiff, tell me in great detail what sort of service work or adjustments have been made to the machine lately. So far I think it is a thermostat or evaporator pressure control valve problem.
It is getting late here, I will be off to bed in 30 minutes, if I miss you tonight I will pick up your response in the morning.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been sitting not working for about 2 Years we have been using left side with no trouble just got gear box put back on it was freezing on some of the lines going to control switching on inside of machine then pulley locked up and it just squels
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Remove the belt and see if the gear box turns freely by itself, The idea is to see if gear box has broken internally or the auger has frozen up due to the mix freeing in the bore.
Tell me what you can about the availability of local soft serve techs in your area, these machines can be quite complex and difficult.
I am off to bed now, in the meantime remove both side panels and take 4 pictures, two on each side of the machine, and post them here using the 'attach files' link at the bottom left of your reply box.
I will be back at 6 am tomorrow morning mid west time.
.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried again this morning it ran til ice cream cycled then froze up again and shut down
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** now that the gear box is most likely OK and that temperature is set too low on the side that is freezing up.
remove both side panels and take 4 pictures, two on each side of the machine, and post them here using the 'attach files' link at the bottom left of your reply box.
We can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The left side is running fine has for 2 years its the right side where the gearbox was just put on and it just freezes instantly no other work in 2 years
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
I need the pictures in order to coach you, and I need both sides as a cross reference.
.