Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Im getting my but kicked by my washer

Customer Question

im getting my but kicked by my washer
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, so I have replaced the hall sensor with the *2002(beefier, less sensitive) part after numerous le errors and resets. It worked perfectly for a week or so and started all over. The tub spins freely when empty. While replacing the sensor, I visually inspected the bearings, stator etc. all appear very clean no evident signs of a leak. This has been a great unit for years until the !@#$%^ le error. When run through diagnostic mode, all seems fine.
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, the stator motor is going to be the issue. I've seen this before several times. Usually replacing the hall sensor will fix the issue. Double check the wire connection on the molex end of the hall sensor. Make sure the wires are not broken and the contacts are good. A connection issue is the only other thing besides the motor that would cause this issue.
You need to replace the part in the link below to fix this issue.
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg-drive-motor-stator-4417fa1994g-ap4438648.html
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do have a bit o additional input- after the most recent LE error, I unplugged the unit and spun the drum, it recharged and ran hrough a spin cycle with no issue. I am running another load with no issue so far.
Strange. Based on your complaint and symptoms it sounds like the motor is going to be the issue. Double check the connections.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay so I replaced the stator which came with the Hall sensor and the unit is still giving me the le error. I was able to buy spinning the drum get the unit to work.. any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was really hoping it via replacing the stator and sensor that the unit would work