Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an old but reliable Maytag dryer model DG410 that has

Customer Question

I have an old but reliable Maytag dryer model DG410 that has gradually ta***** *****er and longer to dry the clothes. Then it quit drying altogether. In looking at videos and Internet sites, I believed it was the gas valve coils. The flame would come on at the first cycle, but would never come back on in any later cycles. Only the orange glow would come on, but no ignition. I replaced all three gas valve coils. Now, however, the flame never comes on. Could one of the coils have been installed upside down by me? I installed all three with the part number facing the same way. Or is one of the wires mismatched? The orange glow comes on as in the past, but now the flame NEVER lights. What could I likely have done wrong in installing the three gas valve coils? What should I check?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the valve may have issues or the wiring is incorrect. However, if you wired it just like the old ones were wired, it should be fine. The valve has been updated and comes as a kit, shown and available at the URL below. Can you post a picture of the valve and solenoids as you have them wired now?
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b4p8/Maytag-Dryer-Gas-Valve-Assembly/W10116794/1266613?modelNumber=DG410&ss=a8b4i128d87514&mr=1?rcaid=1000054