Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Are you real

Customer Question

Are you real
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
I am real. And will be willing to help you with your appliance questions. How can I help you tonight?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Viking oven yellow and black wire off of relay 1 or 2. Don't know where it goes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comes from black wire from plug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plug meaning electric power in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there???
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
I am here. But you will need to be a little more specific so I can help you better.
First lets start by telling me the full model number of the range. With the model number I can look up the wiring info you require.
Please also tell me what relay the wires are off of? There are many relays in Viking oven ranges. It would help to know what relay you are referring to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Deso 170 sa
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
That is not the full model number. Please post the full model and give me some more background info to help you better please. Are you referring to the relays behind the front control board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have no power on one side of the bottom element. There is a yellow and black wire connected to nothing on top of the oven that comes from the black power in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Deso170-SS
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
No power to bottom bake element. Thank you. This can certainly be from the wires up top. But i have to say that if the wires were loose and even off the terminals while in use it would've shorted the relay out completely. So as of right now we are not sure if the relays are good. There are usually numbers besides the terminals of the relays. Can you tell me the numbers besides the terminals that are empty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On one relay only number 1 is open. The other relay 3 6 & 9 are empty.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
are you able to take a picture and up load it here so I can see it? If so, please do that for me.
Otherwise, Since I cant bring up the specific wiring diagrams for your unit I would put the black to 1 and yellow to 3. But you should be able to match it up to the other relays next to it. We may need to do a process of elimination since we don't have the wiring diagrams,.
let me also ask this, did the problem occur after running a self clean cycle in the oven? And have you checked the hi limit thermostat for the oven as well? That is usually the cause for no power to the elements.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's one wire yellow with black stripes.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry. I thought you said two wires. Put it one the terminal marked 1.
What color is the wires coming off the lower bake element?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We tried it in number 1. Lower bake element is solid orange. White with blue steipes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We tried it in number 1. Lower bake element is solid orange. White with blue stripes
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so then it is more then likely that the yellow and black wire is not even for the lower bake element. Have you checked the hi limit thermostat that is usually behind the grill or on the back of the unit? It is a resettable fuse that if tripped there will be no power to the elements. I suggest you check that next.
Did you run the self clean cycle recently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not run self clean. Can you call me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What number can I text or email pic. Won't upload on here
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
I can call you after you accept my offer to you below this chat.