Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Part # *****; refrig model #MFI2569VEM; S# ***** Just replaced the above maytag

Customer Question

part # *****; refrig model #MFI2569VEM; S# *****
Just replaced the above maytag french door contgrol panel, and getting flashing lights on panel, saying
pe0 000
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You now need to program the control board since you have replace it. Here are the steps to program the board. There are 2 buttons to the left of the display and 2 buttons to the right of the display which are not labled. You need to press these buttons to program the board. You will also need the 4 digit CODE marked on the model/serial sticker just inside the refrigerator near the ceiling. Right now the PE code is 0000. Press the UR (Upper Right) keypad or LR (Lower Right) keypad to change the digit value. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL (Upper Left) keypad to select the next digit. Once you have the correct program code entered, press and hold the LL keypad until the program code starts flashing. If you try to enter an invalid code it won't flash and the control will beep. If that's what happening try again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, when I press the UR keypad, it says "PE H20"; when I press LR keypad it says "PE ice"; Where do I go from here? My code is "2020". Thanks, Barry
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Try to restart the programming mode. 1- Press and hold the Water Keypad2- Press and hold the LL Keypad At this point you're holding two keypads3- Release the Water Keypad and wait 3 seconds At this point you're still holding the LL keypad4- The control will display PE (Programming mode) release the LL keypad5- Press the LL Keypad once more6- The control will display the current program code7- If the code is correct, press and hold the Water Keypad for 3 seconds Press the UR keypad or LR keypad to change the digit value. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL keypad to select the next digit. Once you have the correct program code entered, press and hold the LL keypad until the program code starts flashing. If you try to enter an invalid code it won't flash and the control will beep. If that's what happening try again And if that doesn't work, your control board came faulty and you need a new one.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.