Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Dometic RM3604 the power light ist on but does not

Customer Question

I have a Dometic RM3604 the power light ist on but does not cool in any mode
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question.
If it will not cool in any mode there is a very good chance that the cooling unit is bad and the gas has escaped the system. You would need to check around the cooling unit piping for any yellowish powder as that is a sign of leaking. Not much else would cause this issue if it will not cool in either mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It worked ok until I had a surge that blew my converter. I could get not power to anything until I replaced it I get power to the fridge but it does not cool and when I try gas the red light that blinks that says the igniter failed. Does there have to be flame on the gas line for it to work in any mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the converter
There has to be a flame lit for it to work in gas mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the cooling unit is bad would that keep the gas flame from lighting? I am assuming that the flame is not required in 120 or 12 volt mode? Could it be a combo of bad heating element and re igniter? cause it worked fine until the converted blew
It could be, the converter may have damaged the main board in the unit, which would affect both AC/DC and propane mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if it were you would you start with the main board and work your way down to the re-igniter?
Yes I would start with the main board, the converter likely damaged it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You. One last question. I am assuming that the flame is not required in 120 or 12 volt mode am I correct? Is the flame only needed in gas mode? This RV is hooked up to 30 amp service full time
I am sorry I did not see your last post until now...The flame is only needed in gas mode.