Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE cooktop,we had a power outage and when the electricity

Customer Question

I have a GE cooktop,we had a power outage and when the electricity came back on, the lights on the CT came on but not the coils.Any ideas why?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There are only 2 things that can cut all the elements out from heating and that would be the control board or the cooktop is just not getting 220 volts from your house. You'll want to test power between the 2 power wires that go to your cooktop to make sure you have 220 volts and not just 110 volts coming from your house to the cooktop. If that checks good, then you just have a faulty main power control board unfortunately. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.