Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

THE DOOR ON OUR MDB/C-2 WILL NOT LATCH.

Customer Question

THE DOOR ON OUR MDB/C-2 WILL NOT LATCH.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it will latch with screws removed, the door may be out of whack and not aligning the latch correctly or the latch is in need of replacement. When you open the door all the way, does it slope down or lay flat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE DOOR DOES NOT LATCH WITH THE SCREWS REMOVED. THE DOOR LATCHES 1 TIME OUT OF MAYBE 30 TRIES. WHEN OPEN, IT LIES FLAT.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Can you double check that model number, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MDB/C-2
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
How old is this machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WE DON'T REMEMBER.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, that is not a valid model number unless the machine is quite old, in which case I cannot locate the latch assembly. The model tag is in the upper left corner of the tub once the door is opened. It should look like MDBTT60AWW3.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MDB 5130AWB. WHY HAVE YOU CHARGED MY CC ALREADY?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The latch for your model is available below. I suspect it will need to be replaced.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b4p9/Maytag-Dishwasher-Door-Hook/903098/738565?modelNumber=MDB5130AWB&ss=a9b4c72d563836-x3939303032323430&mr=1?rcaid=1000054
As for your account, I only have access to this thread. You will have to contact customer service about any account questions.
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!