Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a CM 302 Thermador Convection/Microwave oven that has

Customer Question

I have a CM 302 Thermador Convection/Microwave oven that has been beeping after use. No fault codes but beeps constantly. This is a common problem for these models. Just wonder if there ever was a factory fix.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not get password ***** info!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So there are only 2 things that would cause beeping without an error code. The first possibility would be that your display board is going bad because it's being affected by the heat of the oven when the oven is in use. The other is that your touchpad is going bad because it's being affected by the heat from the oven. Both issues are common but there is no factory fix for the issue other than replacing the part causing the issue. To determine which part is causing your issue, just listen to the beeping. If the beeping is evenly spaced out, then you have a bad display board. If the beeping is sporadically spaced out, that means that your touchpad is going bad and it thinks you're pressing one of the buttons when you're not really pushing the button. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The beeping is evenly spaced. So bad display board? If so are there manuals on replacing the board ? I assume I would need to go to Thermador to get part if they still make it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Aye, unfortunately the display board would need to be replaced and there is not a manual on it unfortunately but if you're handy you can replace it yourself. Just pull the oven out slightly and remove the screws below the control panel and from the side and then the control panel will pull off so you have access to the display board for replacement. You can order the part through Thermador or through Searspartsdirect.com or Repairclinic.com if you entire in your full model number but the number you have listed is just a partial number.