Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I put a new valve in 2004 side by side?

Customer Question

How do I put a new valve for icemaker in 2004 side by side? I just purchased the RV and tech ordered part for me. It says install behind refrigerator. How do I get behind Refidge?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. This is going to be difficult in an RV for sure, but the entire refrigerator must be uninstalled and the water needs to be turned off to the refrigerator from the RV. Once the refrigerator is pulled out you can remove the screws going into the lower back access panel and remove the lower back access panel. That will expose the valve below the refrigerator in the corner and the part is just mounted by a few screws. There will be some water lines and electrical plugs to disconnect as well, but definitely the most difficult part is un-installing the refrigerator to get to the valve so you can replace it. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.