Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dryer has a button on it that says signal. What does this

Customer Question

my dryer has a button on it that says signal. What does this mean? I have noticed that since I had the last problem of it not getting hot, that this problem had accrued. Also it does not let me know that the dryer is finished dryer like it did before
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That "signal' button is what you press to select the end of cycle signal volume to know when the dryer is completed. That would definitely explain why the dryer doesn't let you know why the dryer is set if you have this option turned off. Just press the signal button and make sure your signal option is turned on if you want it to beep at the end of the cycle. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.