John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My LG washer is getting stuck on cycles

Customer Question

My LG washer is getting stuck on cycles
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be helping you today. I am going to ask a few questions, but I nede to know these answers to properly diagnose or help aid in diagnosing the issue. When you say it gets stuck on cycles, what do you mean? Does it start filling and never stop filling? Does it go in and out of wash and rinse cycle? Does it enter spin mode, will all the water drain out of the machine? Are all LEDs and buttons operative on the user interface board (part where you select cycles)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't go to the next cycle. It was stuck on wash. I then did rinse/spin. It jus stayed on rinse. It did work on spin only.
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
This unit may have an active recall, I have enclosed a picture, please read whats in the picture and see if your model and serial number match up.
http://tinypic.com/r/2cxc8lu/8
Also, can you change the settings from the cycle screen to other cycles? I know you're saying the cycles wont advance, but can you change the various cycles?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont know what you are talking about ---- no picture
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
Copy and paste this link into your browser,
http://tinypic.com/r/2cxc8lu/8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is one of the recalled machines but I had the problem fixed
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
Did you call the 1800 and have an LG tech go out there? The number for LG support is(###) ###-#### ***** system software has to be updated and needs to be done by a certified LG tech.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I did
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
On your machine you have a book that will instruct you on how to diagnose the machine. Find that paper which will be either taped to the back or inside the frame around the drum. I have seen them inside the control panel as well. I can't find the diagnostic codes for this machine, if you don't have the codes I will have to opt out and see if another tech has the diagnostic codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got the washer to go through an entire wash cycle. Maybe all I had to do was talk to you and kick it once or twice (just kidding). Thanks for trying.
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
I can't tell you how many times I go to a house and the appliance is working and there is nothing wrong with it, maybe you're on to something.