Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Fisher & Paykel Washsmart 4.1-cu ft High-Efficiency Top-Load

Customer Question

my Fisher & Paykel Washsmart 4.1-cu ft High-Efficiency Top-Load Washer (White) ENERGY STAR washer of 7 years is not working. I was washing a load of towels and it said there were too many suds. I had just started using Tide pods. The towels were wet but there were a lot of suds. I decided to run through the wash cycle again. This time it quite and I have a tub full of water and towels because it won't drain or spin. It read fault code 37. I don't have the manual anymore due to a move. what does that mean? I live in Florida in the 34202 area if you can recommend a repair person if I can't do this myself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. This error 37 is a pump block error. You will need to manually drain all the water in the tub then tip the machine backwards so you can access under the bottom and unplug the unit. The drain pump is located in the front right corner. It has a fan blade hanging from the bottom of it. Twist the fan blade an if it doesn't spin freely, you need to remove your drain pump and clear the blockage above it. There is a plastic tab that you can push on and then the entire pump will twist and pull off. If the blade does spin freely, there is a "Y-connection" in the back right corner with (3) 1" hoses connected to it. Disconnect the hoses and check the "Y-connection" for any blockages. Remove any blockages if necessary. If both things check good, then you just need to replace the drain pump itself and it costs about $100. As for calling a repairman out, you would need to contact Fisher and Paykel and see who they have in the area to service your unit. Very few authorized servicers exist in each state and I'm out of Colorado so I couldn't tell you who is in your area code. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.