Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I've got a 3/4-yr old Danby 168 btl wine cooler whose upper porti

Customer Question

I've got a 3/4-yr old Danby 168 btl wine cooler whose upper portion isn't cooling (registers 70 degrees) while lower is set for 55 but registers 38. Do I need a repair person and do you have any suggestions in the Annapolis md area. Danby Silhouette DWC166BLS-2 166-Bottle Freestanding Wine Cellar [DB DWC166BLS-2] Shipped on 11-05-2007Thx To6
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The display setting and the fact that the actual temperature in the lower section is much colder leads me to suspect the electronic control is faulty. That control is shown at the URL below.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/DG3261/2112913?ss=-x647763313636626c7332&mr=1?rcaid=1000054
I suspect that part will need to be replaced but let's see if it will reset. Unplug the appliance for at least 4 hours. Does the behavior change once it is plugged back in?