John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Cleaned my Jenn Air Refrdgerator Model#JS48SEFXDA compressor

Customer Question

Cleaned my Jenn Air Refrdgerator Model#JS48SEFXDA compressor and now it is not cooling, either side. Should I have I had left the dust on it? Very aggravating!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! How long has it been not running since you turned it back on? Is the fan running in the freezer or is it sitting silently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kelly,
We cleaned it yesterday (all I did was vaccuum compressor) and when my wife came home today, everything was defrosted. Fridge sounds like it is running, freezer sounds silent but cant tell. 63 degrees in both
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yikes, okay, I am sorry to hear that! Can you tell if the compressor is running? The compressor is up top where you cleaned the coils. It is shown as number 1 in the diagram at the URL below.
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/0/00032409/680/900
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is something running and blowing air from back there, not sure if its the compressor???
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There is a fan up there that is probably running. Is that air that is coming out pretty warm? I suspect that you may have accidentally disconnected a wiring connector to the compressor while cleaning. Are you up to removing the front panel to get a look?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure the air is actually cool
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All of the power was on it just lost its cool!! No pun intended!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
So the compressor is not running, that means it is probably going to be an easy fix. Get a look up there and I bet you find something unplugged! Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything looks fine, I have no idea what could be unplugged.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Are the connectors on the control boards all secure? How about the connector on the side of the compressor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant see the compressor. Seems to all be plugged in. Can I send you a picture to see it? Not sure I am looking at the correct thing???
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sure, if you can send me a picture I can mark it and send it back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I text it to you?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You would have to post it here, in this forum. There is a paper clip icon for you to upload it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am not available for phone service right now. I will place your question back to the list and maybe another is available.