Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

I have the two drawer dishwasher. I have seldom used the bottom

Customer Question

I have the two drawer dishwasher. I have seldom used the bottom drawer, but after I have used the upper draw a few times I end up with water in the bottom drawer? I empty it out with a cup and towels and it isnt long until it has water in it again?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Hello
My name is ***** ***** I am an appliance expert here and I can help you today. This is a very common issue with this style and model dishwasher. This dishwasher uses an acyuatpr or piston that seals the upper lid to the drawer then will begin to fill. If anything prevents that lid from fully sealing then water will spill out and run down into the dishwasher drawer below.
First thing I would like for you to look at is how you stack your plats and pots and pans. Make sure they don't go over or stick out above the top of the drawer. In fact, I would like for you to stack a few plates in the upper drawer and physically take a look and see if the plates are sticking up above the drawer or where the lid would close on top of the drawer.
If the lid is closing tightly please get back to me here and let me know and I will tell you what to look for next.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This doesnt make sense. there isnt a lid on my drawers.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Susan, You will not see the lid. It will close onto of the drawers when the drawer is pushed back and is in place. I caN assure you there is a lid. That is how all two drawer dishwashers are.
Can you please tell me if the plates you have put into the dishwasher recently are too big for the drawer?