Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I was cleaning my Amana EuroKera ceramic top with hot water

Customer Question

I was cleaning my Amana EuroKera ceramic top with hot water as usual. Some ran toward the back of the surface & a beeping sounded & F5 appeared on the display then everything went black.
The burners work, but I can't use the oven commands. Will they come back after something dries out? Wouldn't thos be something that happens frequently to people who over liquids? It was barely 2-3 tablespoons of clean hot water!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So to start, F5 means that your display board has detected a short internally in the display board. Sometimes you can unplug the oven and let it dry out for 24 hours and it'll start working normally again. If not, then there is nothing you can do but replace the display board. Be sure when cleaning the cooktop and oven in the future to just use a damp cloth instead of a soaking wet sponge or something else that can leak water onto electronics and possibly short them out.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.