Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Electric Dryer-Model # ***** #-TZ 738769AWill

Customer Question

Electric Dryer-Model # *****
Serial #-TZ 738769A
Will not start today---was working yesterday.
Any suggestions for us to attempt to get it working?
Have turned off the Circuit Breaker for 10 Mins. als have pulled the plug for 10 Mins.
Would appreciate any help you could provide, difficult to afford a service call.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. There are a few things that could cause the dryer to just not start up. The first thing you want to do is open the door and push on the door switch to make sure it still clicks when you push the button. If so, then the door switch is good--otherwise replace the door switch. Next, you'd need to test power to the dryer and make sure you have 220 volts to the dryer and not just 110 volts or something like that. The next most likely culprit would be a bad thermal fuse which means you'd need to remove the top panel of the dryer and remove the drum to see the fuse mounted to the upper right corner of the heating canister. Part 507 on the diagram in the link below is a the thermal fuse for reference. CLICK HERE for diagram
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.