Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Small amount of water continues to leak below crisper draws.

Customer Question

Small amount of water continues to leak below crisper draws. Serviced several times by authorized tech. Drain line is open but unable to determine why water continues to appear on shelf below draws. This is a side by side with freezer below.
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. The water would only come from the drain line backing up or the water reservoir behind the crisper drawers being cracked in which case you'd need a new water tank and a water reservoir heater because the tanks crack from freezing which the heater is supposed to prevent. That being said, the drain line clogging and freezing over is very common and Samsung even came out with a clip which attaches to the defrost heater and goes down into the drain hole to make sure the drain hole doesn't freeze over. If that wasn't installed yet, then you'll want to have part number da61-06796a installed for the drain. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Disagree drain line is NOT clogged and reservoir is not cracked .
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but as a technician I know that those are the only 2 possible options that can cause a leak inside the refrigerator section. You can disagree all you want, but eliminating the only 2 possibilities that can cause this issue will only result in you chasing a different solution that doesn't exist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again Samsung Service was here several times all times drain clear and not reservoir.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Then I would request a different technician from Samsung Service because the one coming out apparently isn't very good at what he does I don't know what else to say.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem paying $5.00 but additional $23.00
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I can't control what fails I can only tell you what the possibilities are without being at your house.