Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Samsung refrigerator is blinking the nos. 21 and 40 which

Customer Question

My Samsung refrigerator is blinking the nos. 21 and 40 which refers to the freezer fan . My frige is a model no RF 4267HARS I need to get to the fan to fix this problem I believe . also my icemaker is doing nothing. I can't afford alot of work cause I'm a single mom
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to order parts or just hire a person to fix the problem, or is this something I can fix on my own
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The fan will probably need to be replaced if it is not being obstructed with ice or frost. Have you removed the rear panel from inside the freezer to inspect the fan area? If there was visible frost, there is frost behind the rear panel in the freezer. Opening the doors and leaving the unit unplugged for 24 hours will allow a full defrost. Does it still have issues after defrosting?