Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

SilencePlus 44DVA dishwasher keeps beeping at 2:09 min into

Customer Question

SilencePlus 44DVA dishwasher keeps beeping at 2:09 min into the 2:25 min cycle. I don't see anything blocked, filter is clean, rinse aid sensor was lit, then I filled and it's not lit anymore.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect there is an issue within the heater circuit of your machine or a drain pump problem. Does the water appear to be hot and steamy when it quits? Also, when it quits, what exactly does it do? Does it pump out, turn totally off and remain full of water, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dishwasher will drain. No, the water doesn't seem to be hot. When it quits, it just stops shortly into the cycle and beeps.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you just leave it to beep, will it eventually shut off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately, no! (of course, our tolerance level for beeping may have been less than the beeping time) How long would you expect it to beep?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. If you open the door and look on the right side of it, you will see the model tag with the complete model number on it. May I please have that number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
shp65t55uc/02fd941105930
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The tech sheet is below for that machine. Can you initiate the service cycle and retrieve the error codes that may be stored or let me know what happens if it won't go into the service mode, please?
http://www.mediafire.com/view/0plpojwbv8r9yu1/SHP65T55UC_Tech_SHeet.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error code 18
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction: e18
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! That error means that the water level in the machine is too low. That is likely the result of the water inlet valve failing. The valve for your model is available below.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet/00744882/3279184?ss=-x3030373434383832&mr=0?rcaid=1000054