Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I got a pitco sg14r 5 vat fryer given to me by a friend

Customer Question

hi i got a pitco sg14r 5 vat fryer given to me by a friend whos upgrading there equipment I needed to convert it over to lp which I did 3 of the vats fire up perfectly but two light the pilot and when they try to ignite the burners it shuts down in about a second when it retries flames shoot out towards the door side burners are clean on the inside and I tried changing around the gas valve with a vat I knew worked . the display does say ignition failure but the pilot does light what am I missing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the flames are shooting out from the sides of the burner, there has to be an issue with the way the gas is flowing from the orifice and into the burner or the burner is faulty. Poor gas pressure could also cause that issue. Do you see any issues, like cracks or obstructions, on or within the burners?