Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My ge refrig GSH22JGDCBB is not making ice cubes. I pulled

Customer Question

my ge refrig GSH22JGDCBB is not making ice cubes. I pulled the tray out and reseated it but still does not make ice
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, does the ice maker fill up with water but not advance or water never makes it to the ice maker? Have you tried pouring water into the mold and waiting? If you do that, you can determine what part is bad. If the ice maker cycles and dumps the load, the water valve is bad or the fill tube is frozen. The fill tube is the tube in the wall that the water comes out of before it dumps into the ice maker. Check that by removing the line on the back and blowing through it. If it's clear, the dual water valve is bad and will need to be replaced. You can use a blow dryer or a turkey baster to defrost the fill tube if it's frozen.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you