Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My maytag washer 849-05 washer washes but does not rinse...it

Customer Question

My maytag washer 849-05 washer washes but does not rinse...it stops at the rinse cycle and does not fill with water
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The model number you have listed is not a model number. Can I get the correct model number to better assist you? Also if you advance the washer to spin, will the washer still spin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model num. MVWC6ESWW1... When I set it to spin it does spin.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK perfect, so then your problem is really that the washer is just not filling up with water for the rinse cycle. Check to see if the washer fills with cold water on the wash cycle and if so then you know your electronic water valve isn't a problem and you have cold water getting to the washer. Hot water isn't used for rinsing so if only hot water were working then that would allow the washer to go through the wash cycle but not the rinse cycle. Either way, if you find that the washer does wash with cold water, you need to order and replace the sensor switch inside the control panel---it's the only part with a small rubber hose connected to it. This sensor switch monitors the water level, selects the temperatures, and sends power to the water valves. Below is a link to the part you'd need for your model. CLICK HERE for sensor switch We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.