Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dryer starts then trips lint filter shutdown within seconds.

Customer Question

Dryer starts then trips lint filter shutdown within seconds. Entire system has been cleaned to a fair-thee-well so no blockage possible. What is likely to be failing? Thermistor? High limit thermostat? Something else?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The thermistor is the part that detects if the dryer is heating properly which is how the dryer knows if the vent is being blocked or the filter is clogged. Disconnect the vent hose from the back of the dryer so you can be certain that the vent hose isn't the issue. If the lint filter indicator still re-occurs and the dryer shuts down without the vent connected, you need to replace the thermistor. If you still have an issue, your main control board is faulty and would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.