Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Bryan this is Charlie, I have an error of f5 on my

Customer Question

hello bryan this is Charlie, I have an error of f5 on my Kenmore elite and the unit is not working

Optional Information:
Brand: Kenmore Elite
Type of Appliance: Oven & Range
Model Number: *********** br />What have you tried so far?: checked all the door switches for continuity and the only problem I seen is the primary is always in closed position but I don't think that this is the only problem why my unit is nor working, cause when I put in the time and hit the start button I can hear the ticking of the relays and the time will start the count down but no activities, then it will shown the error-F5. I never had the chance to check the damper motor yet, but what do you think is the common problem of this unit?

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/933v3-bryan-charlie-error-f5-kenmore.html?rpt=1350#ixzz3Zi67K43B

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The F5 error means the damper switch is not actuating. However, that would not keep the unit from starting initially. I suspect you have more than one faulty door switch. They are common to fail under a load but test good with no load, so I would simply replace all of the switches. They are inexpensive and easy to get to. The parts for that model are available below.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Kelly,

I just read your reply, and just what I stated on my trouble shooting the only switch that is faulty is the primary- the terminals is stays close, means when you open the oven door the contact will not break-open (the line still connected). Again, I dought that this is the real problem, and I want to know from you guys as an expert (where can I find the F5-sensor) that might creating this problem or the damper motor?

Thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The damper motor may not be operating if the door switches are not actuating correctly. That is why I suggested replacing the door switches before you look at replacing the damper motor. The switches can test good (and usually do) but fail when a load is drawn through them. So, just because only one tests faulty,the others may be, too. I would recommend at least replacing the faulty switch and then see what happens with the F5, which I suspect will go away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Kelly, I will replaced all the switches as you adviced. I just don't want to waste my money changing parts that I can't return if its not the problem, not to mention I'm also a tech. but in HVACR field and when it comes to schematic diagram and trouble shooting I think I'm pretty good my self as well, I just don't like messing around with microhood oven, specially if I can't find the parts in the drawing like this (F5-sesor).

Till then.