Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Is Tech Michael available? I have a problem with a Samsung

Customer Question

I have a problem with a Samsung Steam Dryer...  When turned on the dryer does not turn...

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you can hear the motor start and run, the belt is likely broken. If no motor sound, you likely have a thermal fuse or door switch open. Does the motor start? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, the model number is ***** There is no noise but it appears to be going through the cycle on the display.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
OKay, do you hear a click immediately after you start it, from the control area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No click just the normal chimes it makes when starting
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the thermal fuse is probably open or the belt switch is open. You will need to totally disassembly the machine to access these components. The fuse is number 1-6 and the belt switch is number 1-12 in the diagram below. You will need a multimeter to test continuity through both of those parts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but it sounds like I will need to call someone to come out. This is unfortunatley outside of my circle of expertise...
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I totally understand, they are not easy to service. You can expect about $129 + parts, which if the fuse or belt switch are found to be faulty, should be less than $20.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome, thank you.