Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Newer kenmore elite fridge compressor loud humming noise and freezer not cold.does not hav

Customer Question

newer kenmore elite fridge compressor loud humming noise and freezer not cold.does not have a reley connected to compressor., red and black wire. i checked continuity on compresseor and was 8ohms...so not compressor....bought 3n1 kit, cant get to work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Looking at that model breakdown, that compressor appears to be a variable speed that is not run on 120 VAC. There is a separate power board for the compressor, shown at the URL below. Since you hooked up a 120 VAC hard start kit, you have likely damaged the compressor. At this point, I believe you will need to call for professional service.
http://www.rcappliancepartsimages.com/dbImages/00005286/01659164.jpg