Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do you install a side vent on a whirlpool dryer?

Customer Question

how do you install a side vent on a whirlpool dryer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So to start you need to order the side venting kit if you haven't already and that is part number W10323246 which will come with instructions and all the new venting you need. The entire dryer will need to be taken apart and the drum removed in order to access the venting to change the vent out the side instead of out the back. That means that the top panel, the control panel, and the entire front panel all must be removed in order to remove the drum out the front so you can replace the vent. It's quite a bit of work so I hope you're handy if you plan on doing this yourself. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tyler Z.,I need answers not references to the obvious! That is, I expect instructions complete with drawings. Anything less would constitute an unsatisfactory rating. As is, my opinion is that this service is a rip off and would object strongly to any charge at all. I never use this service again.
Unsatisfied,
Ken
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Pages 24 & 25 of the manual below show how the dryer is disassembled. Once the drum is out, you will have full access to the vent to install the elbow in the kit and vent to the side.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/3ggwbh5b931d620/YWED72HEDW_Tech_Sheet.pdf
The venting kit you need is available below and will come with installation instructions as well.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Side-Venting-Kit/W10323246/1796749?rcaid=1000054
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!