Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a whirlpool quiet partner IV MOD-GU2475XTVB0 I try to

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool quiet partner IV MOD-GU2475XTVB0 I try to start the machine and it sounds like water is trying to be pulled in however not water enters. Then it turns off with non of the buttons wanting to light up except some of them.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, this means the water valve is bad normally. If you hear the water valve trying to open, the solenoid is getting power. If you have water pressure to the valve, the water valve will need to be replaced. The small solenoid on the top of the valve fails and the plunger does not lift up. You can verify this by testing the two wires on the water valve for 110v when it should be filling. If you have power, replace the valve. Make sure a flood safe hose did not get installed. The flood safe hoses cause this issue.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What out the button issue? Would that be caused by it? I took the washer apart and then reassembled it and now it is running and I have no idea what I did to get it to work or if it will go back out. will not being able to hook the water back up to test this be a problem? the copper hose is too short when I pull it out to re-hook it back to the sink water supply.
Yes, the button issue is related to the no fill problem which is caused by the water valve. That's strange it's working now. If the valve was making noise, water should have been filling. Pull the valve down so you can test the two wires. If you have 110v and water pressure at the DW valve, replace the valve.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that one in the morning and let you know how it goes after 4hrs on it today I have thrown in the towel for the night, plus it is running as we speak.
Yes, I totally understand. You will have to test it when it fails to be sure. If it's working, making the test will not tell you anything. Once it stops again then test the valve.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK After this load I am using paper and plastic until I find the cause. So I will keep doing some break test too recreate the fault and then post my results for you.
Sounds great. Good luck.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You and Have a good night.
You're most welcome. Happy to help. You do the same.
Thank you