Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The refigerator leaks water on the floor(about 1 cup every

Customer Question

The refigerator leaks water on the floor(about 1 cup every day). How can I get that to stop?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Your defrost drain is plugged. If you look at the back panel, inside the freezer, at the very bottom is the defrost drain. You may need to remove that back panel to access it. Use hot water to thaw the hole out at the very bottom of the aluminum evaporator coil. That should remedy the leaking water. That panel is shown as number 214 in the diagram at the link below.
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/4/00008300/00008396.i04/680/900
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!