John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Mytag dryer, Neptune, Model #MDE9700AYW, SERIAL NO. 13589861GN

Customer Question

My Mytag dryer, Neptune, Model #MDE9700AYW, SERIAL NO. 13589861GN does not heat. what is the solution for repair?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 1 year ago.
Press Chime and TemperatureKeys for 3 seconds, or until 3 beeps are heard to neter diagnostic mode.Access Diagnostic Codes by entering the Service Mode and pressing Wrinkle Prevent. A "d "will be displayed.Rotate the Cycle Selector Knob in either direction to step through the list of codes one code at a time.Tell me if any code numbers are displayed . Write them downNote:Your dryer is made by Samsung and can be a job to fix by a novice. If you plan on trying to repair this yourself, I would highly recommend to you get the service manual for the machine. It will guide you in all aspects of fixing your dryer. It is the same one I use when I work on them. It shows you how to check components and take it apart as needed. Without a manual, you will be constantly struggling with terminology and conversation with me on what you are looking at. JA now allows me to offer the manual to you, and it will allow us to be on the same page literally with any questions you have.
Looks like another tech walked over our conversation. Tell us who you would like to continue with and we can work it out.