Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My maytag dishwasher touchpad is acting up. I can't use the

Customer Question

My maytag dishwasher touchpad is acting up. I can't use the buttons to 'start' a cycle- but then if I shut the door and walk away- it starts by itself. then runs through a cycle again and again and again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You can try to heat up the touchpad with a hair dryer after unplugging the dishwasher. Then rub your thumb over the start button and sometimes this will reset the button. Plug the dishwasher back in and if it's still acting up, replace the touch control panel which is part number W10475785 for your model. It costs about $120 I'm sorry to say. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.