Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Bosch b26ft70sns/02 compressor not running replaced compressor

Customer Question

Bosch b26ft70sns/02 compressor not running replaced compressor main PC board in back & also inverter for compressor all new condensor fan works though
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is the inverter getting 120 VAC from line voltage? If so, the issue is likely with the signal from the main electronic control output to the inverter at connector at CN13, red and black wires, to the inverter. Can you check that connection and the voltage between the red and black, looking for about a 5VDC signal, red positive? The service manual for that unit is available for download below.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/l4vm7mmc8f1qpiy/B26FT70SNS_Service_Manual.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6.5v comming front cn13 & also end of red& black wire plug to inverter 120v comming from brown & blue plug to inverter condenser fan running
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That being the case, the compressor is likely faulty if the inverter has been replaced. Is it getting warm at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brand new never used compressor also inverter new checked voltage at comp run start & common no voltage. Doing same thing before I replaced these parts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thought it was compressor in beginning
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
New compressor and new inverter and still no compressor running means one of them is bad. The supply and control voltage is there, so one of them is bad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since there is no voltage at compressor leads I would say inverter what you think?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The voltage will be a three phase variable voltage so you probably do not have the correct equipment to read it. I would suspect the inverter before compressor, yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I get a voltage reading between either start run or common to ground? Or is there anyway to test inverter with multi meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I work with commercial compressors alot but this is new to me
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I know of no way to test the inverter output. That is one drawback of that system. The frequency of the voltage is variable, too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If compressor were bad I would get a high amp draw & it would b warm
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If it was starting, or trying to start, yes. The manual shows an overload on that compressor but I think it is part of the inverter. Can you post a picture of the compressor and inverter area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not till mon I am 100 mi away
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, that would be okay. See if there is a separate overload and we can go from there.