Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I need your help. I am 75 yr old female. I have a maytag

Customer Question

I need your help. I am 75 yr old female. I have a maytag Neptune drier, model is MDE3000AYW. The serial number is ***** Here is the problem. Do I need a technician or do you think I could fix myself. My dryer heats up and everything seems to be working of except nothing goes in the lint catcher. when I DRY CLOTHES ALL OF THE LINT CATCHES AROUND THE DOOR. THE OTHER DAYH MY GRANDSON PULLED THE DRYER OUT AND CLEANED UNDER IT, DO YOU THINK HE COULD HAVE PULLED SOMETHING LOOSE THAT WOULD CAUSE THE LINT NOT TO ***** LINT FILTER. I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. THANK YOU, ***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
If the dryer isn't catching in the lint filter and it catches all around the door, it means that your vent is clogged whether its inside the dryer or through your house or you have a kinked hose behind the dryer. It sounds like when your grandson pulled the dryer out a few days ago he may have pushed it back and kinked the hose a bit so you may need him to come back out and pull the dryer forward a bit and route the dryer hose a bit better. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.