John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a dryer front loader, LG brand, model number

Customer Question

I have a dryer front loader, LG brand, model number DLE7177WM the dryer is the screen shows check filter but i have looked at the filter the filter seems to be fine. The lights come on but it doesn't do anything. what can I check or do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
hello,
My name is ***** ***** I am an appliance expert here and I can try to help you tonight. The check filter status light being illuminated is a common problem on this dryer and many others like it. It can be as easy as taking out the lint filter and resetting it into place again or as complicated and changing a main control board or thermostat. Which really isn't all that complicated.
Either way, if you have a few moments I can tell you what to do to check this machine to determine what the issue is and even direct you to a parts warehouse either local to you or on line to where you can get parts cheaply to fix the problem, if needed. Just get back to me here when you are ready to begin and I will tell you what to do next.