AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

My Profile washer, model #WPRE6150K stopped running, after

Customer Question

My Profile washer, model #WPRE6150K stopped running, after filling with water instead of it going into the wash cycle, the indicator lite went out. I pressed the button to restart and nothing happened. I tried with various cycles including the drain and spin and nothing. The indicator light showing cycles to be completed, stay on for a few minutes and then go out. Please help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 years ago.
Is the motor running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't believe so, I can hear it connect when I close the lid, normally it takes a few second approximately (30) and the washer starts but there is nothing.

If the motor is not running, the first thing you need to do is take the front panel of the washer off and look for a red light on top of the motor. Is there a red light flashing? If so, count how many times it's flashing and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I take off the front panel?

Use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel. If both clips are pushed back, the front panel will pull forward and hinge down so that you can remove it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay I'll try it. please give me a couple minutesSmile

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you still with me Jamie?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is not a flashing red light but there is a flashing green light, that flashes every second. I stop counting at 20 flashes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I am waiting for Jamie's reply for about an hour, counter stopped at 14 seconds. Now it show that he is "offline" no sure what is up
Sorry I had to step out. If you don't see a red light then either your motor assembly has failed and you need a new motor (which comes with that inverter board), or sometimes GE puts a fuse in-line with the wiring harness that comes from the motor. Not every series has this fuse so if you do not, then you just need a new motor. If you do have this fuse, remove the insulation around it and test the fuse for continuity. If the fuse is open then you need to replace it--otherwise replace the motor assembly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your attention Jamie. I don't believe my series have a fuse just plug in wires. I will look into pricing a motor vs a new washer. EmbarassedI apologize if I seemed impatient. I wish I was more familiar with the way Just work. It would have not been a problem waiting if I knew whether I lost you or not. I appreciate very much your help with the resolutions. I will rate you a 6Wink

Not a problem. If you need more help just post back here, I will get back with you. Thanks for the 6 rating.
Just to be clear you need to rate my "answer" for me to get credit, Thanks again.