Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Kenmore 70 series washer that was just moved to a

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore 70 series washer that was just moved to a new house. It shakes badly when spinning, with our without a load. I releveled the front and rear feet, which did not help. The tub seems very loose, but level.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, the only things you have left are the springs going around the tub and the counter balance spring from the back of the tub to the frame. If the three springs around the bottom of the tub look good, the skate plate would need to be replaced. The skate plate could have been bent or one of the three skate plate pads could have broke.
You can watch a video in the link below that shows how to get the cabinet off to look at the springs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlAFQnkapLM
Take the cabinet off and inspect the springs. If the springs are in place and tight, the skate plate needs to be replaced. The link below is for the part.
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-skate-plate-3946509-ap3131363.html
I work on the honor system here at Just Answers. I do not receive credit until you rate my answer positively. After rating positively the questions does not close and follow up questions are no additional charge. Remember to rate positively before logging off.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will watch the video and attempt to use the info you provided.

Sounds great. Let me know if you hit a snag.
Thanks