Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have van LG Dryer and the dryer will not turn on. I've checked

Customer Question

I have van LG Dryer and the dryer will not turn on. I've checked the breakers and wondering if the Dryer has a "reset button " somewhere?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
Please post model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MDL. # *****

Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
SO no lights at all on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No Jaime no lights go on. My mbl. Number is ***** 606- 4484 if its faster to discuss

Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
I dont have access to a phone right now. Do you have a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What do I do Jamie?????

Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
If you have a multimeter, need you to test some parts.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
Watch this video to get to the thermal fuse and test it. Watch this video to know how to test it.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
Don't open a new question as it will charge you again.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
Let me know when you test the fuse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jamie,

I watched the video and this isnt my dryer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I DONT HAVE A "mULTIMETER SORRY

Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
With what you have described, the control board is faulty and needs replaced.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
Did you send another reply after I told you to replace the control board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is no reset on that machine. If it is totally dead, you likely have a faulty control. The control is pictured and available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

The service manual for that machine is available below.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Jaime,

I have discovered that the circuit breaker on the main house elec. Panel is defective which is why that 220v outlet doesn't have power to it. It's not a defective "control circuit board " at this point I will replace the breaker then try my dryer again. I tripped the breaker then the dryer worked for a few seconds and tripped again . So there's a short in the breaker or the dryer one or the other. I'll replace the breaker and report back Jamie2013. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Your initial post stated that the breakers had been checked, so that is what led to the faulty control diagnosis. It is very important that we have accurate information to make an accurate diagnosis. Please let me know if you have trouble after the breaker has been replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need to replace the Pnl Circuit breaker (220v ) that goes to the dryer then I'll get back to you .

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, thank you.