DTech80
DTech80, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  3rd generation tech/owner. 12+ years of in home appliance repair service experience, over 15,000 repairs completed. Regular contributor of articles on appliance service to Marcone World Magazine.
68324021

My Miele dishwasher has shown the intake drain twice. The

Customer Question

My Miele dishwasher has shown the intake drain twice. The first time there was water in bottom. So I followed the operating instructions . It has done it again. Only no water in tub and it does not start at the beginning. Help Fran Motroni ********** Capitola ca.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  DTech80 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm David, I'm a tech/owner with 13+ years of in home appliance repair experience. I've done over 15k repairs. I'll be helping you today. The first thing to do a Miele is check for fault codes, this will give us a better idea of what's actually happening.
To check for fault codes on your model follow the instructions below exactly as they are written:
1. Press and hold program buttons 2 and 3 while turning the dishwasher on.
Successful accessing of Service Mode 2 is indicated by flashing Salt and
Intake/Drain lights.
2. Press the flashing program button 5.
3. Press the flashing program button 1.
4. One of the program button lights (1 to 5) will light up, indicating a stored fault code of F0 - F4. If none of the program buttons light up, a fault code of F5 - F9 is stored. To display fault codes F5 - F9, press program button 6 once. Program button 6 will light along with one of the other program buttons (1 to 5), indicating a fault code of F5 - F9.
Then check the chart at this link to see what fault code you have:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6v0smkaa82ck3oj/Screenshot%202015-05-05%2016.52.34.png?dl=0
Let me know what codes you find and we can proceed from there.