Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I am trying to restart my old ask d1996 after an overflow.

Customer Question

I am trying to restart my old ask d1996 after an overflow. I took off the kick plate and then the bottom interior panel to expose the pan so i can drain it. but in the process, this white plastic piece came off from somewhere and i have no idea where it goes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, would you be able to upload a picture using the paper clip icon or the +File button? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After examining it closely, I figured it out where it goes and got the interior cover attached correctly. So, problem solved.

It was held in place with a piece of two-sided adhesive. There was a not-so-obvious indent to accommodate the part and the tell-tale adhesive strip mark to confirm the location.

It looks like the purpose of the part is to guide any overflow water that might have otherwise come through the door.

Thank you...

Awesome. Glad you got it. Good work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Logging onto this site actually made me really look at it closely, so if it took a few bucks to get me really thinking, well that's ok...lol...

Just glad you got it fixed and it's back up and running. If you have any more issue, post back and I will assist.Thank you