Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

John I have a maytag quiet series 300 I have always had

Customer Question

Hi John I have a maytag quiet series 300 I have always had a service agreement with sears and had new motor put in 2 years ago now service agreement to expensive but leaving a lot of debris on dishes sometimes top sometimes bottom and really noisy would it be expensive to get some one in to take apart and clean it I really think that's the problem I hate to get a new one just because this is dirt build up I do wash periodically with vinegar and then a baking soda rinse and this helps somewhat I understand from blogs noise may be the grinders going because of build up , seems to involved for me to take apart and hubby not handy and works long hours so no time either tks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So the chopper and impeller kit has been re-designed. If you still have the older seal kit this is likely causing your noise and poor washing. Below is a link to the kit you'd need to order which is part number 6-919539. CLICK HERE for seal kit And below is a video on how to take the dishwasher apart to replace this seal kit. You can check for debris and clean it out before you replace the seal kit if you'd like in case that is what is creating the noise but other than that just replace the kit and you should be good to go again. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.