Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Eletrolux Frigidaire Model # ***** S/N 4A42510801. The

Customer Question

I have a Eletrolux Frigidaire Model # ***** S/N 4A42510801.
The ice tray was removed before the arm that deactivates it was lifted. I removed the front plastic cover and then removed the 3 screws thinking I was going to find that the micro-switch inside the housing was going to be damaged. However it wasn't. I reassembled the unit and can see the gears turning until the arm is all the way down to the (on) position and then the arms stop. I let it sit over night and no ice was made.
My guess is that the cam gear has to be timed according to the harvesting wheel is that correct or am I heading down the wrong path?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The cam gear does not need to be timed. As it rotates it activates contacts inside the timer that tell the icemaker when to fill with water or turn the heater on and such. Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check the items that you have listed and will have a response or more questions in the morning.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK good luck. I have given you every scenario so no matter what you find you should know what to do from there. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.