Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

ASKO d3530 dishwasher is not working right now - it says

Customer Question

My ASKO d3530 dishwasher is not working right now the display says that it's overfilling - which it isn't, and it is making a whirring noise. I turned off the power at the junction box in our apt and turned it back on, cleaned the traps, and it still when I turned the power back on, the display says "overfilling" and it's making a noise. When I press any of the buttons, including turning the off button on the machine, it still makes the noise.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the flood switch in the bottom base pan is activated. There's water in the bottom sealed pan. Inside the pan there is a small float. It must be activated. Usually the hose from the circulation motor to the sump is the culprit on these. The small rubber hose will spring a leak and water will drip down into the pan. Unfortunately, the dishwasher may need to be pulled out to diagnose and repair. Take the toe kick panel on the bottom front off. You will need a torx T-20 bit to remove it. Once off you will see the water inside the pan. Dry the water up with a towel and run a cycle. Try to pinpoint where the water is leaking from. It's possible you can watch and look from the front but it's better ti be able to watch from the front and back. The back has a small panel that is removable. I try to run the machine out so I can watch from both sides. Unplug the dishwasher before you attempt to service it or dry the water in the sealed base pan. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you - I'll need to wait until my other half gets home to find the torx, but I will do as you request then rate you if that's alright. It may take a day. - h.

You're most welcome. Happy to help. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi - I got the screws out with a tork 20 but the toe kick panel isn't easily removed. I moved the plastic levers. I'm trying to lift up the toe kick panel but it seems a bit stuck. When I feel the top, i can't tell that there is any other way - I've tried pulling it down as if closing a window, and lifting it like lifting the trunk of a car. I'm working VERY low to the ground here and can't get a good peek at the whole mechanism.

have you removed the two screws on the top? You have to remove the rails as well. The rails that come out for the trim piece.