Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore washer replaced the coupling and it produced smoke

Customer Question

I have a kenmore washer replaced the coupling and it produced a lot of smoke and smells like rubber it finished the cycle with no problem and smoke has subsided can i continue to use it

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like one of the plastic coupler pieces wasn't pushed onto the shaft of the transmission or the shaft of the motor far enough. That is what creates this issue. You can remove it and push the couplers on further, or you can just let it wear down on it's own. If it wears down on it's own, the coupler may not last as long as if it were installed properly. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.