Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My refridg. turned off when my electric was cut off. I returned

Customer Question

my refridg. turned off when my electric was cut off. I returned today and had the electric turned on, about 2:30 PM, however the temps. in both the refridg.
and freezer have not gotten cooler although the motor switched is on. Is there a re-set button to get the motor{s] cooling again?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Can you resend the model with a space between each number so that the website doesn't block it for thinking it looks like a phone number please? And if you pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel and touch the big black round compressor, is it warm, hot, or room temperature?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
106 525 72202 the black round thing is HOT
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK perfect, thank you. That explains everything I need to know. This means that your compressor is overloading and cutting out. It will turn off for a few minutes and then try again over and over. Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor. There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it. This is your overload relay. Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it. If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor. Below is a link to the overload relay (start device) that you'd need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for overload relay We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.