Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I HAVE A SAMSUNG REF MODEL#rf4267hars 2011 with ice maker which

Customer Question

I HAVE A SAMSUNG REF MODEL#rf4267hars 2011 with ice maker which is displaying
of in the display panel, also no ice is being made.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I've seen this a few times on these units. You can try to unplug the refrigerator for 2-3 minutes. That might reset the board. I doubt it will but it's worth a shot. If that does not work, the display board would need to be replaced because it's shorted.You can get the display board from any local authorized parts house or by clicking here.The display board is held in with tabs on the side. You have to firmly grasp the bottom side and pull out towards you. The panel will pop out of place. All the connections are plug and play. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why is it that my ice maker is not wking
Because the ice maker is shut off. The touch pad portion of the control panel is shorted. Try unplugging the refrigerator for several minutes to see if that will reset it. If not, the control would need to be replaced because it's shorted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would you be able to help mr with the name and correct # ***** this item
You bet. It's the refrigerator dispenser cover. The OEM part number is ***** We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you one more thing is there aq deiagram I can see as to where this located
You're most welcome. Happy to help.You can see a diagram in the link below. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/samsung-refrigerator-parts/model-RF4267HARSXAA0000/1482/0161000/50039372/00005.html We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you