Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We own a GE Profile Energy Star 23.1 cu ft. Side-by side refrigerator

Customer Question

We own a GE Profile Energy Star 23.1 cu ft. Side-by side refrigerator with dispenser. The controls and readout to set the refrigerator and freezer have been CHANGING readouts. What is the proper way to reset the temperature controls for both units? Should I even be having problems with a unit that is not even 9 years old?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
At 9 years old, that is quite common to have an issue since these units were only designed for 8-10 years. All you should need to do to adjust the temperature is press then up or down button until you reach the desired temperature that you would like. After that, the display will revert back to the ACTUAL temperature so you can monitor it's progress as it goes to your set temperature. If your set temperature isn't being reached within 24 hours, you definitely have a problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Since I am 1 1/2 hours away right now, I will try it this evening and get back to you.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
ok good luck. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.