John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have cleaned out the "twist off filter" on the front and

Customer Question

I have cleaned out the "twist off filter" on the front and there was a little thing in there, but after removing it, washer still gave the FH code. So I guess I'll look for a replacement pump. I tried the diagnostic mode, but I do not understand what that did for me it just seemed to run through a small cycle nararated by c codes. Troubleshooting seemed to refer to the pressure switch but that looked very difficult to access, and I have no idea how to check it. You've don't suspect the pressure switch?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the filter is usually the culprit. If yours is clean, replace the pump because it's failing. The pump issue is common. Check the water valve screens. Also make sure you have good pressure to the washer. If both check good, remove the top and look on the top left. There is a small wheel inside the clear tuning. Make sure that sensor is moving freely when water is coming in. The problem could be the pressure switch. Remove the hose on the bottom of the pressure switch and blow through it towards the tub. It should be clear.