Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Wfg374lvb bake and broil will not work. Replaced safety valve

Customer Question

Wfg374lvb bake and broil will not work. Replaced safety valve at the back, but still nothing. All my top burners work, but bake and broil setting are not trying to ignite when selected. No clicks at all. I would appreciate your insight. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you're getting no click at all on bake or broil and you have replaced the oven safety valve, you just have a bad spark module I'm sorry to say. The part number is ***** and it's located in the control panel of the oven in the far back left corner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll try it out. Thanks.

If it doesn't, can we still correspond?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Yes of course, but that should get you going again unless the gas valve came faulty. You can test the gas valve, but you can't test the spark module. There are 3 terminals on the gas valve so you need to check the resistance from the top terminal to the middle terminal, and the middle terminal to the bottom terminal. You should get a reading of approximately 215 ohms. If you don’t get a reading within 10% of that number, your valve came faulty.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.